Ecouarium Ltd. is proud to provide international shipping to the United States of America. With decades of expertise in rare and exotic tropical plants, a supreme dedication to detail, and pursuing the highest standards in customer service, our goal is to continuously exceed your expectations. Anyone in the USA is able to create a free membership to begin shopping. Just follow the easy-to-follow signup steps required on our website.
Shipments to the USA will occur every second Monday departing from Canada, unless it falls on a statutory holiday. All exports are required to have a phytosanitary certificate, an on-site review and inspection by CFIA (Canadian Food Inspection Agency). The Ecouarium Ltd. Support Team will take care of all the paperwork, combine orders, and provide you with all the tracking information you require.
Issuing a phytosanitary certificate with all the export requirements is a fee of $100 CAD to cover the mandatory fees we must submit to the Federal Government of Canada, and administration/handling required. Once your order(s) are reviewed and inspected by CFIA officers, we cannot add more to your order. We will post on our website the deadline for inspection dates to issue phytosanitary certificates so you are up-to-date.
You will be quoted our exact dealer rate shipping and handling costs and fees that will be provided to you via PayPal. Our standard terms and conditions can all be located here.
USA Customs and Border Protection Guidelines
According to USA Customs and Border Protection:
- If you bring back 12 or fewer articles of admissible plants that have no special restrictions, you do not need a permit. Special restrictions may include requirements such as a permit, post-entry quarantine, treatment, or ESA or CITES documentation.
- Plants must be accompanied by a phytosanitary certificate from the country of origin showing that the plants meet entry requirements for the United States.
- Plants should be bare rooted (no growing media attached to the roots).
- You should perform a basic visual inspection of plants. Look for insects or sickly looking plant parts.
- Wrap plants in damp newspaper or similar material to prevent them from drying out. Roots may be secured in a plastic bag.
Customers are responsible for all customs fees. We are not responsible for collecting payment and submitting these. Any customs fees will be paid directly to your local customs office.
All inquiries can be sent to email@example.com. Allow up to 72 hours for a response although we tend to respond to messages very quickly. We look forward to sharing our botanical treasures with you.
Transactions are in Canadian currency. Inventory and selection is subject to change anytime based on the volume of orders received. Exports and inspection dates are based on dates determined by Canadian Border Services.